Frequently asked questions
As you consider parenthood, you may have questions along your surrogacy journey and we are here to help with some answers.
Yes, there are restrictions. You need to be officially married and have fertility problems to start the process in Ukraine. The length of marriage isn't important.
Indications for surrogacy process in Ukraine are the following reasons:
- absence of uterus (congenital or acquired)
- deformation of the uterus making pregnancy and carrying a baby impossible
- uterine synechiae (adhesions or scar tissue that form inside the cavity of the uterus) that cannot be treated
- a physical illness under which pregnancy threatens a woman's life or health even if a baby may not be in danger
- minimum 4 unsuccessful IVF attempts with obtaining the embryos of high quality.
Ukraine has one of the best surrogacy laws in the world while it offers affordable costs for surrogacy process. Commercial surrogacy is officially legal and regulated by the Article 123, Part 2 of the Family Code of Ukraine. Ukrainian surrogacy laws are the most favorable in the world because the surrogate mother isn't considered as a mother to the baby; the Intended Parents names will be in the birth certificate even if you used donor eggs for your program. name.
- Commercial surrogacy is legal (only gestational)
- No Court Decree is required
- No further adoption procedure required
- Birth certificate is issued in the name of the intended parents after the child’s birth
- Gestational mother has no legal right to be considered as a legal mother of a baby delivered by her. Only intended parents are considered to be the legal parents of the child born by the gestational carrier.
We’ve established strict requirements for our surrogate applicants to ensure the continued success of our program. Here are some of our requirements for surrogate applicants:
Has delivered a healthy child of her own, and is currently parenting at least one child
- 21-35 years of age
- Physically and psychologically healthy
- Body Mass Index (BMI) of no higher than 33
- Support of family and friends
- No use of drugs, cigarettes, or alcohol abuse
- No currently use of anti-depressants
- Leads a stable, responsible lifestyle